Roularta contracts GWS for removal of presses
Belgian publishing & printing house Roularta Media Group has contracted GWS Printing Systems to dismantle and remove three large rotary presses from its site in Roeselare. A Mitsubishi EUR M press, a Harris M4000 and an older MAN Lithoman press are being removed this summer.
The production that was originally run on these presses has been taken over by new, modern equipment with high levels of automation, leaving the older presses out of work. Roularta’s managing director Mr Metsu therefore asked GWS to take care of the removal.
‘The GWS crew is currently professionally dismantling the press. Usable parts will be sold through the GWS Parts website and the rest will be scrapped’, says Metsu. ‘For a project of this scale we felt we should work with a partner who has plenty of experience in this field. A lot is involved in a proper dismantling job and GWS knows what to do.’
GWS’s Commercial Director Eric van Kessel is very happy with the project. ‘We are honoured that Roualarta has picked us for this job. A project of this scale asks for dedicated and experienced technical project managers and technicians. And of course our online parts platform (www.graphicwebparts.com) allows the interesting parts to be made available to printers who are running similar presses.’
The removal activities are currently in full swing and are expected to be concluded before the end of 2018.
- Goss M600 with LED UV for Mauritius
- Cimagraf Peru extends its press capacity
- Tuna Matbaacilik takes Uniset 75 into production
- Manroland Uniset 75 for Tuna Matbaacilik
- KBA Comet in full production at Listin Diario
- Goss M600 for Reggiani Arti Grafiche in Italy
- manroland Uniset 75 press finds its way to CTP South Africa
- Goss S2000 for leading book printer in Algeria
- Modern Arab Printing purchases manroland Rotoman press
- Goss Urbanite sale into the US