Record sale to Peruvian printer
El Comercio has purchased a massive 12 tower, 3 folder manroland Uniset 75 newspaper press from GWS Printing Systems of The Netherlands. Peru's leading daily newspaper also contracted GWS to supervise the entire turnkey project.
The project will take approximately 13 months from the start of dismantling until the first newspaper run off the press in Peru. After dismantling and loading the equipment at its original location in London, UK, the containers will be shipped to Lima. On site at El Comercio the press will be reconfigured and upgraded. Commissioning of the press is expected in early 2015, after which production can start.
A spokesman at El Comercio has stated that the order was granted to GWS, as the company is able to handle the entire project from start to finish. GWS will also deliver a total solution for the mailroom at the Peruvian newspaper.
Jordi Segura of GWS is pleased with the project. “We are proud to be a supplier to El Comercio. Having supplied press solutions to Excelsior in Mexico, El Pais in Uruguay and Tercera in Chile we built up a good name and impressive installed base in South America over the last few years”.
“We are also particularly pleased with the close cooperation with Manroland web systems. The press will undergo a configuration change and will be extended with a third folder and new production possibilities. The required parts and services related to these activities will be supplied new by Manroland web systems and Manroland will also be part of the GWS installation and commissioning team in Lima”.
Commercial Director Eric van Kessel of GWS: “This is a wonderful sale which puts GWS on the map in South America and this is certainly one of the largest deals in the history of GWS”.
- Goss M600 with LED UV for Mauritius
- Cimagraf Peru extends its press capacity
- Roularta contracts GWS for removal of presses
- Tuna Matbaacilik takes Uniset 75 into production
- Manroland Uniset 75 for Tuna Matbaacilik
- KBA Comet in full production at Listin Diario
- Goss M600 for Reggiani Arti Grafiche in Italy
- manroland Uniset 75 press finds its way to CTP South Africa
- Goss S2000 for leading book printer in Algeria
- Modern Arab Printing purchases manroland Rotoman press