GWS Printing Systems, the Africa specialist
Abidjan-based newspaper publisher Fraternité Matin has ordered a Global Web Systems G100 newspaper press including post-press and pre-press systems at GWS Printing Systems of the Netherlands. This sale to the Ivory Coast is certainly not the first order from the African continent for GWS.
At the time of releasing this article the press and auxiliaries have already been dismantled at the facilities of Banda in Holland by the specialists of GWS. GWS Technical Project Manager Ron de Jong confirms that the press and additional equipment are on transport and are expected to be offloaded at the print house of Fraternite Matin early January. After arrival the GWS installation team will start the erection of the press.
GWS has seen a clear increase of sales to the African continent in the last 5 years and Commercial Director Eric van Kessel still sees potential for further growth. "We have specialized in complete project solutions including the supply of press, pre-press and post-press equipment and the services for complete installation, commissioning and training”, says Van Kessel.
"At GWS we have the knowledge and skills available to offer turnkey projects and this is exactly what the African market is seeking", Van Kessel continues. The GWS formula provess to be successful in Africa. GWS delivered similar total project solutions to publishers in South Africa, Botswana, Angola, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Sudan and Tunisia.
The press and auxiliaries at Fraternité Matin are expected to commence full production in early April 2012.
- Goss M600 with LED UV for Mauritius
- Cimagraf Peru extends its press capacity
- Roularta contracts GWS for removal of presses
- Tuna Matbaacilik takes Uniset 75 into production
- Manroland Uniset 75 for Tuna Matbaacilik
- KBA Comet in full production at Listin Diario
- Goss M600 for Reggiani Arti Grafiche in Italy
- manroland Uniset 75 press finds its way to CTP South Africa
- Goss S2000 for leading book printer in Algeria
- Modern Arab Printing purchases manroland Rotoman press